Since 1978, CJM Wealth Advisers, Ltd. has been a stable and trusted partner for clients to turn to when it comes to all things financial. Every member of CJM Wealth Advisers, Ltd. believes that we have a fiduciary responsibility to our clients. Simply put, this means we put the client's needs above our own needs, always.
CJM Wealth Advisers, Ltd. is a locally owned company. We are not a subsidiary of a larger financial institution, such as a bank or an insurance company. Because we are an independent company, we have the ability to do whatever is in the client's best interest, without any large corporate mandate or interference. We believe this makes us uniquely suited to assist our clients over the course of their lifetime(s). From our deep value approach to managing client assets to working with clients and their attorney to draft estate documents, we believe in being side by side with our clients, every step of the way.
- 10 CFP's
- 1 CFA
- 1 CPA
- 1 CLU
- 1 ChFC
- Wealth Manager Magazine, Top Manager 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Financial Advisor Magazine Top RIA 2008, 2009, 2010
- Washington Business Journal Top Wealth Manager 2011
- Tracey Baker, Financial Planning Association Norma Severns Award for Leadership 2006
- Tim Jones, Financial Planning Association Financial Planner of the Year 2006
- Kim McLeland, Silver Beaver Award Boy Scouts of America 2004
- Brian Jones, Reuters AdvicePoint, one of the Top Advisers in the country 2008
- Brian Jones, Washingtonian Magazine's Best Financial Planners 2010 and 2012
- Brian Jones, Top Financial Professional, Northern Virginia Magazine 2009-2012
- Tim Jones, Top Financial Professional, Northern Virginia Magazine 2011, 2012
- Tim Jones, Washingtonian Magazine's Best Financial Planners 2012
- David Greene, Top Financial Professional, Northern Virginia Magazine 2011, 2012
- Brian Jones, Financial Planning Association Norma Severns Award for Leadership 2011
All client accounts are custodied at Pershing LLC. Pershing (member FINRA/NYSE/SIPC), a BNY Mellon company, is a leading global provider of financial business solutions to more than 1,500 institutional and retail financial organizations and independent registered investment advisors who represent approximately 5.5 million active investors.
Pershing has been in business for more than 70 years and custodies more than $1 trillion dollars in assets. BNY Mellon has its roots in The Bank of New York, which was the first bank in the United States. BNY Mellon has more than $26 trillion in assets under custody and administration.
Pershing is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). As a result, investor-owned assets held in custody at Pershing are protected by SIPC, up to $500,000 in value, including $100,000 in cash awaiting reinvestment. For more information visit SIPC's website at www. sipc.org.
In addition, Pershing provides account protection in excess of SIPC limits through Lloyd's of London. The excess insurance policy purchased through Lloyd's of London provides the following excess account protection for assets held in custody with Pershing and its London-based affiliate, Pershing Securities Limited:
- An aggregate loss limit of $1 billion for eligible securities - over all client accounts.
- A per-client loss limit of $1.9 million for cash awaiting reinvestment - within the aggregate loss limit of $1 billion.
This provides the highest level of protection available in the industry today. The excess insurance policy purchased through Lloyd's of London does not protect against losses from the rise and fall in the market value of investments. For more information about Lloyd's of London, please visit its website at www.lloyds.com.