- Member of The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the standard bearer for fee-only, fiduciary financial advisors.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from George Mason University
- Certified Financial Planner®(CFP)
- Certificate in Financial Planning from Florida Institute of Technology
- Authored The Financial Guide for a Younger Generation (Larstan, 2006)
- Consistently named one of the Best Financial Advisers by Washingtonian and Northern Virginia Magazine.
- Named to Washingtonian Magazine‘s Top Wealth Advisers Hall of Fame in 2023
- Pershing Advisor Solution Advisory Board Member 2016 – 2019
- Capital Group/American Funds Advisory Council Board Member 2020 – Present
- George Mason University Financial Planning & Wealth Management Advisory Board 2020 – Present
- Served as President and Chairman of the Board of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Served as Chairman of the Family and Consumer Sciences Advisory Board for Fairfax County Public Schools
- Financial contributor for numerous media outlets including CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Bloomberg, and Capital Group’s Capital Ideas
Born and raised in Virginia, Brian learned the value of a dollar early on from his father, Tim Jones, one of the founding partners at CJM. Starting in the family business and working with families his entire career is all Brian knows. Working together with clients and taking the time to understand their needs allows Brian to deliver an approach that’s unique and specifically designed for the client.
Brian earned a Bachelors of Science in Public Administration from George Mason University. He also found time in college to intern for a government agency for a few years before ultimately deciding to pursue financial planning and wealth management full time.
Brian enjoys working primarily with families to develop comprehensive solutions that are tailored for their specific needs and timeframe. In particular, Brian focuses on helping clients with pre-retirement planning and portfolio optimization, designing income distribution models in retirement, required minimum distribution planning for qualified plans and IRA accounts, and multi-generational planning between family members.
When not in the office, Brian enjoys cheering on his daughters at field hockey tournaments, cycling, mountain biking, the occasional fishing trip and anything else that helps conserve and preserve wetlands for future generations. Brian is also a USA Swimming Certified Official and you can find him “on deck” especially in the Winter and Spring months officiating with Potomac Valley Swimming.
Brian and his wife Amy and their twin daughters live in Vienna.