- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from George Mason University
- Certified Financial Planner®(CFP)
- Certificate in Financial Planning from Florida Institute of Technology
- Authored The Financial Guide for a Younger Generation (Larstan, 2006)
- Named one of the area’s Best Financial Planners and Wealth Advisors by Washingtonian Magazine 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2020.
- Consistently named one of the Best Financial Advisers by Northern Virginia Magazine.
- Pershing Advisor Solution Advisory Board Member 2016 – 2019
- Capital Group/American Funds Advisory Council Board Member 2020 – Present
- George Mason University Financial Planning & Wealth Management Advisory Board 2020 – Present
- Served as President and Chairman of the Board of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Served as Chairman of the Family and Consumer Sciences Advisory Board for Fairfax County Public Schools
- Financial contributor for numerous media outlets including CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Bloomberg, and Capital Group’s Capital Ideas
- Member of The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the standard bearer for fee-only, fiduciary financial advisors.
In his leadership role as Chairman, Brian is one of the senior leaders and mentors inside CJM Wealth Advisers. Brian has been instrumental in building CJM’s corporate systems and processes over the last 25 years as the organization has experienced tremendous growth.
Born and raised in Virginia, he learned the value a dollar early on from his father, Tim Jones, one of the founding partners at CJM. Running his own landscaping company from a relatively young age, Brian spent many years developing, growing, and maintaining a business in his neighborhood.
Brian earned a Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from George Mason University. He also found time to intern for a government agency for a few years before ultimately deciding to pursue financial planning and investment management full time.
Brian works primarily with couples and families who are seeking to partner with a firm that has the capabilities and infrastructure necessary in today’s ever changing financial landscape. Brian prefers working with multiple generations in the same family to address priorities such as aligning investment philosophy with personal objectives, focused engagement on a variety of wealth management topics, and ensuring a smooth transition to subsequent generations in the future.
Brian is married with two daughters and lives in Fairfax Station.